Monday, November 9, 2015

50 days! 5 Countries!

It's hard to believe we've already been travelling for 50 days.  It really doesn't feel like we've been gone that long, and I guess 50 days really isn't that long.... Everything has gone relatively smooth so far, no one has been super sick, or had a big bout of homesickness (it's usually me, but I've made it 50 day so far!!!).  I think our relaxing trip to Bali came at just the right time--time with friends, and just taking it easy!  I am finding all the big cities are just like one another--although I know they are not!--big building, busy streets, a hike to see the city from a view point!!!

Right now, we are relaxing on a beach, on a small island in the Philippines.  Again, I think it is perfectly timed!  And, in just a few short (long) weeks, we get to see my mom, dad and sister in New Zealand!  We are all very excited about that!!!  I've warned Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie to rest up now!!!!

We are continuing to slowly plug away at school work, making adjustments as we go!  The boys are pros at converting currencies, and their world geography is amazing!!  We have been learning about how different types of government affect people, and economics.




I have learned that my kids (probably all kids), have to learn space relations.  My boys are terrible at walking in crowded spaces--they just haven't figured out how to manage their steps to avoid bumping into someone, or stepping on our feet when we are standing still.  We are also working on keeping dinner time conversations at just our table, not talking so loud that everyone in the entire restaurant hears us!!

My boys have continued to surprise me by trying new dishes, with minimal whining.  I am also proud to say, that out in public, they are some of the most polite, well-behaved kids around!!  In the apartments/villas, a different story, but that's kids!!!



To those not on Facebook, I apologize, as most of the pictures go up on there!  It is quick and easy!!!

Please let me know what you want to hear about!!  I always struggle with what to write!!  I've updated the statistics at the side.  50 days, 5 countries!  We have made several stops in Manila, as that has been our transfer hub!!

Next up on our trip, after our week on Panglao Island; 2 days in Cebu City, Philippines, 1 day in Manila, 4 days in Jakarta, Indonesia, then 3 weeks in New Zealand with family!  That takes us to Dec 11. Christmas in Australia, New Years in Kuala Lumpur!




No comments:

Post a Comment