Monday, August 2, 2010

House still for sale.....

So, the house has not sold.....We have had 9 showings, 2 of them being second showings, but still nothing...  As some may know, it was our plan to sell the house here, in southern Alberta, and make the move down to Orlando, Florida.  I had quite a few conditions on this big move, but haven't had to impose any yet, since we haven't sold.  It has been tough keeping the house clean, as I have the 4 tornadoes that move through the house with record speed, seconds behind me.  We packed away some stuff, so that helped alot!!! 
At first, I was really on board with moving to Florida.  We would spend the school year down there, but then vacation in Alberta for the summers.  Best of both worlds--missing most of the cold of Alberta, and the hot of the summer in Orlando.  We would get to see lots of our families in the summers, probably come home for Christmas, and maybe on other visit spring or fall.  We are hoping we would have lots of vistors to Orlando, and plan to have a house with an extra bedroom or two! 
But, as the summer went on, I was spending lots of time with good friends, and really enjoying the life I have here.  It would be hard to move away from all that, and have to "rebuild".  Decisions.....I really don't like them!  For the time being though, it looks like Okotoks will remain our home.  School starts in Orlando on Aug 23, and at this point, I just don't think we could be down there in time, even if we got an offer tomorrow.  If we do get an offer (and accept it), I think we will be renting a place for this school year, and then make the decision in the spring if we decide to still move. 
Some of my conditions were:
1) not moving part way through a school year
2)not moving into a rental house down in Florida (I want to move into a home and get settled!!)
3)and finally, it was either this summer, or next, as I do not want to move Cobb once he is past Grade 2. 

Maybe some of these are unfair, but we have a great life here, and I want to continue to give ust he best life!  I want to make things easier for the kids, and the move would be a big transition for them. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, big decisions indeed! My hubby travels a lot and there is always the potential to be moved to Houston, France or somewhere else even. I've often thought the same as you: would be wonderful but also hard to make a new life!

    Good luck with either decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I guess things will work out however they were meant to!!

    ReplyDelete