Monday, August 30, 2010

I am off to run in the Disneyland Half Marathon in 4 short days! I am very excited, and yet very nervous! I have set a goal of 2 hours (or wishfully thinking, less than 2 hrs) for myself. I am hoping to meet this goal, and am worried I won't, and then I will have to tell everyone, and I will be so disappointed in myself. But, I needed some accountability......if I don't have a goal, I have nothing to work towards, and won't get it done. Side note: (I am quite a procrastinator!!!)


I am also nervous to go and travel without my family. We travel alot, and you would think I am seasoned, but I haven't gone solo in a long time!!! I am travelling with a group of 5 other ladies, so I am not totally alone, but I don't know their travelling styles. My husband and I are are fairly similar, relatively stress free, unfazed, etc. Hopefully, I will remain that solo!!!

I am looking forward to some nice meals out, some shopping, a massage after the race at the Grand Californian (Disney) Hotel, and maybe even an afternoon nap or two!!
I'll make sure to post some pics of the run (maybe I will see Mickey along the way!!)


More on Disney--we have booked a family trip to DisneyWorld in November. 10 days. We have booked our flights (in and out of Tampa, not Orlando, but it is only a 45 drive to the Disney area). I have also just booked the villa. The villa will cost us about $800 for the 10 days, as we are sharing it with another couple as well. We have yet to rent the same villa twice, but seem to always have a different number of people accompanying us.


I also registered for the DisneyWorld Half Marathon, which is Jan 8, 2011, but not sure if we will make it back down as a family, if I will go solo, or if I just don't go at all!
In case you haven't figured, I am crazy for Disney! And I have a wonderful husband who tolerates that!!! My kids love it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment