Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School

Last day of summer---yuck!!!  Tomorrow, it is back to school for us.  Cob will be starting second grade, still in french immersion, and Tree starts kindergarten, french immersion as well.  Na-na will be off to preschool next Thursday, Sept 9th, leaving just Goob and me all to ourselves on Tues/Thurs afternoons. 

I have registered us for all the activity programs for the fall--skating for the younger 3, swimming for the younger 3, and then some preschool classes for the younger two on Tues mornings.  Cob doesn't get to do much, but I was trying to keep our evening relatively empty!!!  The 3 boys can all skate at the same time, and swim at the same time, as I refuse to sit somewhere for hours on end, cycling kids through the different sessions!!!  If it doesn't work out for them to go at the same time, then we don't end up doing it!!!  Maybe not the best attitude, but it is the one that keeps us sane around here!

We will also have Beavers (www.scouts.ca) for the older 2 on Tuesday nights.  I am the section leader for Colony A, and I love it!!!  We have 3 colonies this year, so hopefully we will have 90, 5-7 year old boys.  We are split into groups of 30, with 5-6 leaders for each colony, so it is very manageable.  Lots of fun things planned for the year--sleepover at Tyrell Museum, Winter Camp, canoeing, and a few other afternoon day trips. 

I had my last day of sleeping in--til 8:45 am....tomorrow, back to 7 am starts.  I am sure it will take us all a week to get back into early morning starts!  This was the first summer in 7 years, that I have been able to sleep in.  I guess the kids are growing up--some privileges come with not having any more babies!!!  PS--I love babies and would probably have 100!!!!  I just don't really want any more kids...they become too time consuming, but a baby, under 3 months old....gladly!!!  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but 4 is plenty!!  We are always busy!!

Anyways, back to making lunches, maybe Cob will try a few new things.  I am looking forward to making Tree lunches, as he eats anything!!  We went and bought bigger lunch kits, to hold all the food as the boys grow, and need a little more!!  I can see our grocery bill getting larger and larger every year!!  Right now, it is around $700.  We may have to take out a second mortgage on the house someday, just to afford to feed the kids!!

Bought some new hoodies for the boys at Walmart this morning, for only $10!  I am sick of buying them $40 ones that just get lost....Also found a reversible coat for Cob, for $10!  Tag said $30, but the flyer said $10, and so it was.   Again, no worries if we lose things.....I have bought Mabels Labels (www.bluebyyou.mabel.ca) with just our last name on it (good for passing items down!), which I label all containers for the lunch kits, shoes, sweaters, coats, mitts, etc.  I think we are ready!!

I guess I should do more frequent posts, then I don't have as much to go on about.....sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment