Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to School

As a parent, you love your child--as a mom, you love back to school!!! Even though I only have my Grade Oner back at school, the house is so much more quiet. A little routine goes along way. We are still adjusting to the early morning wakeups, but within a week I think we should be back on track.

My son had finally started to take a greater variety of food in his lunch. Hopefully we are past the days of just jam sandwiches. I guess the key was to make it fun!!! We have a toasted waffle sandwich, with jam (it is not a great change, but I am okay with baby steps!!), mini turkey bites, vanilla milk with ice cubes (no warm milk!!), and thanks to my aunt who knit some apple/pear sweaters, we take take those fruits with out them getting all bruised!

Only 1/2 year of lunches left to make--for the world's pickiest eater!! I have a made a few of the recipes of out Deceptively Delicious, and my kids have like just about all of them. They are none the wiser to knowing they have vegetables lurking under the surface!!! I sometimes just use jarred baby food if I can't find the fresh fruits and veggies required. 


Another favourite of ours is Silly Snacks.  The bright pages entice the children, along with the simple recipes---most of the items being fairly common. 

No comments:

Post a Comment