Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Escargot

We tried escargot for the first time, at Joshua's request.  We heated it up in the oven, and it smelled good, but when it cam out, Joshua declared, "It looks like puke!"  The reason he said this is because it had a garlic and parsley butter mixture that was quite green in the shell.  







That being said, he closed his eyes, and slurped one down, declaring it "good, tastes like shrimp, and I think I will have another!"



 Even Noah was willing to give it a try!  He didn't swallow it!  



 Nana was a sport and tried one as well!  




And finally, Nathan tried a small bite too!  

And yes, even I tried one, and then went back for 2 more.  Better than I though they would be!  Todd says next up is steak tartare.  Of course, Jacob was as far away from the action as possible!  He wanted nothing to do with eating snails......

1 comment:

  1. Love escargot!!!! Sooo jealous! I hope you and the girls have a fabulous time together, enjoy lots of wine for me!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete