Sunday, June 3, 2012

Paris

Paris is truly a beautiful city, and even if you went a 100 times, I think there would always be new things to see.  Or for me, I never seem to tire of seeing some of the beautiful landmarks again and again!




 The whole reason for our 2nd trip to Paris this year was to go to Euro Disney!  It was fun, but the line ups were long, and it was very crowded.  It made us all long for Disney World!!  I seem to have forgotten to take pictures in our 6 hour whirlwind tour of Disneyland Paris....desole!


Joshua and Nathan sitting outside the Musee d'Orsay.  We spent a few hours in here one morning.  Our favourite game--ie: distract the kids so we can look at art--to play is pick your favourite painting in the room and tell me why!  You'd be surprised what gets picked, and how insightful they can be.  After our year in France, I think I can say that our kids can pick out a Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso, or our local hometown "Peinture", Cezanne!



 And what boys can say "no" to cannons!  This was at the "Place d'Invalides", where Napoleon Bonaparte is buried.   We were travelling with my Aunt and Uncle, and the boys got a very interesting story of Napoleon while overlooking the tomb.  The stood spellbound for over 20 minutes, barely blinking.....

 And, after a quick 3 full day journey to Paris, we had some very tired boys on the TGV ride home.  Luckily, it was very quiet, and everyone could have their own sleeping space.


1 comment:

  1. Love these Paris pics! We went for our honeymoon and I hope we can go back someday.

    ReplyDelete