Friday, September 18, 2015

Packed, and almost ready to go!

Monday is quickly approaching--our imminent departure is bringing many emotions for us!

For the boys, I'm not sure they can describe, or even realize, how they feeling, but I have noticed a definite switch in the behaviours.  Josh has stopped listening completely, and challenging everything (a fairly typical response for him when big changes are coming).  Nathan is not sleeping well, again, fairly typical for him.  Jacob is questioning everything we are going to do when we return, typical Jacob, always wanting to know what is next!  Noah is just a bit more emotional! Todd is looking forward to this grand adventure, but still trying to figure out the last bit of work, and last minute logistics for us leaving!

For me, I am sick to my stomach, as I try to fit in one more visit with my fabulous peeps that I will miss dearly.  And, even after that one last visit, I'm still wanting one more. I don't feel too nervous, I know we'll enjoy our year away, finding new favourite destinations, new foods, and lots of time together (ok, we'll have to figure out ways for everyone to have a few breaks from each other!!!).

I feel like we have school sorted out, as I have met with our fabulous, amazing teachers at Percy Pegler, and have set out a plan to connect the boys' classes to our adventures!  We also have a French Math and Science workbook that we will be using, along with some online programs.

Our bags are packed, and we are travelling light!  The boys still have space in their packs, so we can pick up a few small souvenirs!  Each boy gets 1 hoody, 1 rain jacket, 1 pair of pants, 1 swim suit, 3 t shirts, 4 pairs of shorts, 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 pj pant, 4 pairs underwear and 4 pairs of socks! Noah's pack is the blue school pack pack and the other boys will take the bigger yellow/gray day packs!   My bag is also packed, the big green one with my blue day bag (I can't refer to it as a purse, or no one else will every carry it for me!).

Here we go.....





No comments:

Post a Comment