Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bring on the Busy......

I do this to myself every spring.  I think we will have so much time, just to enjoy the weather, etc, and then I sign us up for soooo much stuff!!!  Right now, our week nights are packed!!!  Monday and Wednesday nights, I coach Baseball for Tree and Cob.  That goes from 6:30-7:45pm.  I then have to quickly pack up, run home to drop kids off, and then make it to Boot Camp for 8:00pm, M/W.  I am hoping to play ball myself this spring, but so far, I am just on a spare list.  This will be Thursday nights.  On top of all this, I have started running.  I ran my first 1/2 marathon on April 25th, and did not bad, but would like to improve.  Of course, that means more training.  It is tough to fit in runs that last 1-2 hours, when you have kids!!!  At least the days are longer now, so I can get to it after supper.  I am tired at that time of day, but what can one do!!  My husband leaves for work at 5:45, and really, that is too early to get up to run (I would have to be up at 4:30am.....).  But, I love the exercise!!!  It is nice to see some of the pounds disappear, and to feel healthy again!!!  It is surprising, but now that I have started to work hard, I find it hard to eat that extra big piece of cake, or to eat the chips that are out!!!  I guess that is a good thing.  It also feels nice to go out and buy new clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment