Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cleaning House

I have been working hard to clean out some of my clutter.  I started with the baby clothes.  I found it so difficult to dig through the boxes, and get rid of my baby stuff.  I guess this comes with the fact that I would love to have another baby!!!  With that being said, I don't really want any more "kids"!!!  I miss how a little baby snuggles into you, how they smell, and just how tiny they are......
Each piece of clothing brought back so many memories, reminding me of when my boys were tiny themselves.  It feels like I am getting rid of those memories by getting rid of my stuff.  I think I need to get over it!!!!  I did keep a few special items, and filed them away in the hope chest.  The sleepers the boys wore during the first weeks of their new lives (all preemie size as the boys were all little squirts!!!), and my favourite onesies.  One of each for each of the boys.  Hopefully they will be somewhat sentimental like their mom, and actually want this stuff some day.  I have a little pink sleeper of mine (almost 30 yrs old!!) downstairs.  I never got the chance to use it, but I had it packed in my bag, ready for the hospital, every time!! 
Anyways, I listed a bunch of it on Kijiji this afternoon, in hopes that in can be put to use in someone's home.  It feels good to clean up some, but I still have a long ways to go.  I realize now that I really should stay away from shopping centres!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the midst of getting rid of our baby stuff too. Its tough to close that chapter in your life!

    ReplyDelete